Good afternoon! I have a birthday card up for today. I love doing a watercolor type technique with my distress inks and I thought this made a wonderful background to a card. I used Unity Stamp Company stamps for this project.
I used regular card stock but I would recommend using watercolor paper so the paper doesn't curl or wrinkle. I cut out a rectangular piece of paper using my metal die and my cuttlebug. I then put a small piece of washi tape on the back of the paper to adhere it to the Misti so I could get full coverage when I stamped instead of using the magnets. I then placed the rubber cling stamp called Botanical Background from Unity Stamp Company face down on the paper to make sure I had good coverage. I closed the Misti to grab the stamp for placement.
Next I picked out some pinks and soft floral colors from my distress inks. I used shaded lilac, mowed lawn, picked raspberry, and scattered straw. I applied these colors keeping with what the flowers colors may be and the green with the leaves. I made sure I covered all the areas on the stamp.
Now comes the fun part! I sprayed the stamp with water from a misting bottle. Use less water to retain more detail or more water to get a really watery effect if you don't want much detail. Sometimes you can stamp this a second time on a new piece of paper to get one more background that is more muted. You can kind of see some of the colored areas and I did use quite a bit of water. More than I usually would but it turned out great!
Once you have stamped the image, wipe it off with a damp cloth. You can even run it under some room temperature water and dab it dry with a paper towel. You can using an embossing gun to dry the image or just let it sit for a while to air dry and then flatten it a little if it's wrinkled.
The sentiment was stamped on a piece of card stock using Gina K Amalgam Ink. I used a Unity Sentiment Kit called I Consider You Special where there were two different stamps used. There was the circle stamp and then the sentiment stamp. I then cut a circle around the sentiment. I purposely cut the circle with a bumpy edge to mimic the doily look.
Lastly I assembled the card. I placed the background onto a black piece of card stock using Beacon 3 in 1 glue and then cut some pink baker's twine to wrap around and tie a cute bow. I then used pop-dots to attach the sentiment so it overlaps the baker's twine. I then used more pop-dots to attach the panel to the card base.
I hope you enjoyed! Have a great day!
Crafting has always been a passion of mine since a child. I love photography, painting, drawing, stamping, mixed media, and browsing other sites for ideas. My passion is also in horticulture so I love to grow my own fruits and vegetables and houseplants.